RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic..module..the l20 v circuit breakerthe compressor unit works…

Customer Question
my dometic roof air model...
my dometic roof air model 57915.513c emits a loud 60cycle buzz that comes from the
electric module inside the roof unit it can only be turned off by the l20 v circuit breaker
the compressor unit works
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/27/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Does the fan come on? Can you be more specific about where the "buzz" is..........it may be that the wasps have got a nest built in there that is holding the fan blade in place. Carefully take the cover off and check it. Turn it by hand if this is the case and spray some WD 40 on the shaft where it goes into the motor. Take a can of wasp spray with you. Go HERE for a compete Service Manual for this unit which has a complete trouble shooting section in it. Go through that list and check them off if this isn't a fan blade problem. Get back to me if you need more assistance with this. R.J.
I've been giving this some more thought........and you should look at page 16 of this manual even though it is for a Coleman and see if that describes what you are hearing? This takes a few tests to figure out...........Let me know if you need more help with this. R.J.