RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Allegro..rv park..ive checked the breakers and the fuses (

Customer Question
Am helping a disabled friend...
Am helping a disabled friend with his Tiffin 2007 Allegro 30DA. The slide outs worked fine Saturday morning, but when they got to the RV park in the afternoon, neither would work at all. I've checked the breakers and the fuses (that I can find) but there seems to be no power to the slide operating system. The manual and electrical diagrams are next to useless -- they don't tell where the Slide CONTROLLER is located, and so far I've been unable to find it. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
6/27/2010
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Are the leveling jacks down,emergency brake set?
Most of the units will not let the slides work unless the jacks are down and park brake is set.Let me know we will go from here.
Yes -- we have checked and double-checked all the "requirements" for the slides to work: the jacks are down, the parking brake is set, the ignition is off.
Are these electric or hydraulic slides,can you tell me the manufacturer of the slide mechanism?
They're electric, but I don't know the manufacturer (the manual that came with his rig is next to useless...)
The electric slides use a 12 volt circuit breakers,they look like these,the gray breaker has a reset button on it,reset if needed,they will be located near the batteries.Have you tried with the engine running?Check the breakers and let me know.graphic
Gene -- still no power. The Tiffin manual says the levelers must be down and the ignition must be in the off position. We cycled the levelers & ran the engine. Still nothing. The owner says he has, in the past, extended/retracted the slides with the levelers up and the engine running (so much for the manual. Again.) I feel so helpless: I was a machinist's mate in submarines for many years and "should" know how to fix this problem -- we may drive on to Klamath Falls, OR or else to Bend, OR (our next stop) and see if we can find an RV mechanic there. THANKS for your help.
No problem,have a safe trip.Most likely something simple,Tiffen has the best coach out there right now.

Edited by gene on 6/27/2010 at 4:01 PM EST
gene
gene, RV Mechanic