RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2002 ragen hauler and a dometic refer model #rm2652..main 12v…

Hello, I have a 2002...
Hello, I have a 2002 ragen hauler and a dometic refer model #rm2652. The problem i have is that the main 12v to the unit is draining the batts down rapidly. Is it a board that is the problem ? and which board?...Rex
6/26/2010
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Do you have the fridge on at the time? Anything else on? How long does it take to drain the battery down? Get back to me and I can help you resolve this issue. R.J.
Hello,no the fridge is all buttons off...and you can disconnect the power lead going in the back and the draw stops, it is drawing around 6 amps,off....
Check to see if this had a dehumidifier switch on the front just on the underside of the eyebrow board. Many people miss it entirely. If this is on it will drain the battery as it stays on even if the refer is off.........don't know what they did that.......perhaps to keep the dampness down on the inside regardless. That should be the problem. If not, then the board may have a parasitic draw from a partial short. If you need to replace it go with an after market board made by Dinosaur Electronics as they are far superior to the OEM boards and have a terrific warranty should you ever need it. HERE is their website. The Micro P-711 board fits most units like the RM 2652. Go HERE for a manual for yours in case you don't have one. Get back to me if you still need help with this. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hello, yes the climate switch is off and it still draws, now is the eyebrow board bad or the other board bad, whitch one is my question,,Thanks..

The only way to tell for sure quickly is to disconnect the eyebrow board and see if it still drains. If not then you know pretty much. I would disconnect the gas valve as well. You can do this on the control board. The gas valve is the plug on the R/H side. The thermistor is the bottom plug on the L/H side and the upper board is the top plug. Hope that helps...........R.J.
Thanks for the positive Feedback comment.........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can give you a quick answer that can save you a bunch of money and save you having to make and appointment to get into a dealer. R.J