RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an 2004 Country Coach Allure motor home.I..ride..roads…

Customer Question
I have an 2004 Country...
I have an 2004 Country Coach Allure motor home.

I need to do something to improve the ride. A trip on the East Coast roads has disabled
the entertainment electronics in the coach.

Can some one tell me how to fix this problem
[email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/26/2010
RV Mechanic: OnanMan, Generator Tech replied 8 years ago
OnanMan
OnanMan, Generator Tech
Hi I am Don. I would check your tire pressure. Look behind the drivers seat and there should be a tag that tells you what the pressure max is. I would go a little less maybe 3 or 4 lbs. If the coach has a lot of miles then look at shocks. These units are made with the bare minimum needed, so you may want to consider some better shocks. Also a better tire may be needed.

I have the tire pressure lowered.

What shocks do you recommend?

Ok how are the tires? New or ready to be replaced? How many miles on the coach? Does the coach feel like it is floating when going down the road?

Well, I think the tires should probably be replaced. They were two years old when I bought the coach and I have put almost 70K on them. There is plenty of tread left but???? The coach does not sway when going down the road....just feels rough over the bumps and I mean roujgh....sometimes the shocks bottom our (on top)/

If you recommend changing tires, I will do that but I still feel the shocks are not doing a good job....I had to replace one in the rear that broke on the rough roads of Louisiana!

What shocks should I get???

I don't know what shocks to get...I would think if you went to a reputable place you could ask the right questions and get a good idea of what is best for you. If the tires are just Ok then tires could probably wait if the tire pressure is good..
OnanMan
OnanMan, Generator Tech
I was really hoping for a more difinitive recommendation on the shocks....who ever I go to will try to sell me what they have!
I am sorry but each coach is different, even though you told me the model it still doesn't tell me what your specific coach needs..every coach is different depending on how it was ordered from the dealer that originally sold it...there may be another expert on here that is geared towards suspension and I can opt out of this if you like..no heartburn here...
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI Carl.

This is RJ who worked on your rig at the CCI factory. KONI is the shock that was used and it is a good shock because you can adjust the level of firmness. They are adjustable. Look underneath if they are Orange they are Koni, and can be adjusted by a shop that knows what they are doing.... Also the ride height should be checked by a shop, if you need the specs let me know.... IF you had a failing ride height valve it would be a very violent ride....

RJ>>>> Former Country Coach.

Edited by RV help for u on 6/26/2010 at 3:30 PM EST