RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer motor home..pushing..pin…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Holiday...
I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer motorhome with a Power gear system for my bedroom slide. The motor turns but the slide does not come in or go out without our pushing it in that direction. To me it looks like a shear pin problem, but I can not find where the shear pin is. The s/n 2L 0612 or s/n 02127699D7 I can not find the model number. Other number are D/N 14666 or B/N 522791. Maybe you can tell me what model number I have. The system is gear driven. Any help will be appreciated.
Jerry B
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/25/2010
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer....

The shear pins should be located on the metal tubing that is connected to the motor. The shaft on the motor should have a hole and then the metal tube goes over the hole and the pin goes through the tube and motor. Some larger rooms also have the tubes connected with pins. At this point I would access the motor and see if the pin is still in the tube, sometimes they can shear and will appear to be in one side and they are not. You can use something to get you by such as a bolt but it would have to be replaced with a pin from power gear. Also some of these motors have a clutch, make sure the handle is not dis-engaged, this is used when you have to manually push the room in.... Hope this helps....

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!