RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Ac..water in side look like the water is from the evaporator coil…

Customer Question
have a carrier roof ac...
have a carrier roof ac unit it leeks water in side look like the water is from the evaporator coil
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/24/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. It sounds like the drain holes are plugged in the bottom of the pan which forms the bottom of the A/C unit. This water is supposed to exit the pan and run across the roof. Most of the time wasps or mud dobbers are the culprit. Check that out. Go HERE for a complete Service Manual for this unit. I would print this out or at least Bookmark it for future reference as there is lots of good information in here. Get back to me if you need more help with this. R.J.
holes are not pluged
There is a small one from the evaporator coils that leads outside and the bugs love to get in there. No other reason for this to leak...........unless it is loose on the roof and raining. Take that black cowling off and you should be able to see the drain hole to the pan. Use a piece of wire to clean it out. See part number 8 on figure 1-4. R.J.
it seem like the blower is sucking up water from drip pan
if you can tell me how to stop water leek i will glady ok the money
Doesn't the drip pan have a drain hole in it? It is supposed to..........did this just start or has been doing this all along? If it does take and drill a small hole in it and put a small piece of plastic tubing in there to drain it out into the pan. Perhaps in mass production this got omitted. The water isn't suppose to sit in there.........in humid climates this would do exactly what you are seeing. R.J.
there is nowater standing in drip pan it has all been sucked out.
Yes, but not to the right place if I understand you correctly...........it needs to drain out onto the roof. All RV A/C units do the same thing.....R.J.
you have not told me anything i did not all ready know and have tried
Then I suppose we are about done here.............Good luck with this. You probably sealed off the drain hole. R.J.
no idid not seal off the drain hole if i had it would hold water
Well, if you didn't then there should be one and this wouldn't be a problem as there would be no water in the pan to fall down inside your coach. Don't respond if you want someone else to reply or it will lock this up.
i have a 2004 jayco,i bought this carrier roof ac unit used ti is less than 3 years old .the rig was already wired for the extra unit.after you run the ac for about 1 hour it begins to drip water all over my bed if you a have a cure for this i will be thankful for it. henry
Give Carrier a call............
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Hi Henry My name is Gene,
Here is a manual on the a/c,what you need to check is the pan under the evaporator for cracks,I've seen it on the Duotherm a/c's,if the pan is cracked then the water will leak into the unit.If you remove the cover on top you can get to the cover over the evaporator,look under it for cracks in the drain pan,this is usually caused by over tightening the a/c when it was installed,you can seal the crack with epoxy to stop the leak.If you contact Carrier they will also help you,great people to work with.Sorry RJ was so rude,that is not the way we do things on here.Feel free to contact me any time.I will help you all I can.