RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

completly..fans..position of the temp selector or the function switch…

Customer Question
Hello Gene, I went...
Hello Gene, I went through the trouble shooting guide on the a/c business for the 98 Discovery. Our symptom is not addressed completly in the guide. Neither a/c or the furnace operate, along with the fans no matter the position of the temp selector or the function switch. The green lights do come on and stay on mostly. We had a new spare ECC, so I installed it and made sure it was powered up. There doesn't appear to much left in the system other than the control panel and the temp sensor. Your thoughts?
Bob
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/23/2010
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Bob,
When you turn the switches to the test mode does the a/c's come on?
No. Also there is no function no matter where the control panel switches are placed, but the green lights stays lite.
Hello Gene, I went through the trouble shooting guide on the a/c business for the 98 Discovery. Our symptom is not addressed completly in the guide. Neither a/c or the furnace operate, along with the fans no matter the position of the temp selector or the function switch. The green lights do come on and stay on mostly. We had a new spare ECC, so I installed it and made sure it was powered up. There doesn't appear to much left in the system other than the control panel and the temp sensor. Your thoughts? Bob
Bob,
Did you turn the a/c test switch to front and rear and see if the a/c's worked?
If they don't work on the test mode then the control box is bad,you can call inteletec and talk to Victor(NNN) NNN-NNNNhe can get you part numbers,he is also good if you have any questions as well,he helps me out all the time.

Hello Gene,

Yes I ran the front and rear tests on the ECC with no results. The ECC box is new and is powered with 13 volts. We were using the genset for 110ac since 30amp shore power was not available.

Bob

Without being there Bob and doing some checks,I'm not sure which way to direct you,I would call Victor at inteletec,he knows these systems in and out.6036997940.I can opt out and see if another expert has any ideas to get you going,let me know.