RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1984aluma lite classA motor home.

Customer Question
454chevy v8 need a...
1984aluma lite classA motor home. 454chevy v8 need a diagrahm for v-belt placement and the belt numbers for all belts
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/21/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. There are more than one configuration. Does this have an A/C compressor? How many air pumps does it have.........one or two? Are any of these belts serpentine or all V belts? Get back to me with that and I will help you with this. R.J.
yea it has ac 1polution pump,1power steering pump allv belts
Just one air pump and no A/C.........do I have that right?
1 ac compreesor
1 ac compressor 1polution pump and power steering pump all are vbelts
O.K.........If so, then this takes 3 belts. One if for Fan and Power Steering. That is a Gates 7460. The other is for Fan, Air Pump, and Alternator. That is a Gates 7495. One for the A/C and Power Steering. This is a Gates 7575. These should cost you about $75 in most stores. If they don't have Gates which is about the best, XXXXX XXXXX cross the numbers over to a different brand. I will see if I can find that diagram, but you should be able to tell from the alignment on the pulleys which goes on first, second and third. This means the Power Steering pump should have two grooves and the Fan pulley should have two. And the Crank pulley should have two. If this doesn't fit get back to me. R.J.
crank pulley has 3
That might be fine.......go HERE for the website page I too this from. They have photos of the belts and the dimensions. I will keep looking for a diagram but on old models they are hard to find. R.J.
No luck on the diagram yet...........they changed this in mid 1985 so that one I had won't work. Try looking on the A/C or the pump or someplace under the hood. They usually put a diagram someplace and it may be convered with dirt. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 6/21/2010 at 4:35 PM EST