RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

ac and furnace will not work via the dometic duotherm Remote/..24v…

Customer Question
Have an O6 Crossroads. AC...
Have an O6 Crossroads. AC and furnace will not work via the Dometic Duotherm Remote/reciever. Have power 24v and 120v to control box. Control box has been replace with kit containin new remote and receiver. Frustrated, cannot get it to work. And nobody wants to work on it.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/18/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. What is the part number of the unit you installed? Was it the same as the one you took out or an upgrade? Do you have a manual for the unit and the remote? I notice you said you have 24 volts to the control.........was that correct? You shouldn't have 24 VDC anyplace on this coach. All the DC systems work on 12 VDC. Get back to me with these things and I will try to get this resolved for you.. I will be here for a few hours yet today. I am off on Saturday until evening. I will watch for your post. R.J.

Hear is the part # XXXXX the comfort control kit-(NNN) NNN-NNNN009. As far as the DC voltage I am not sure, I thought it was 24, it may only be 12.

All I have is a user's guide for the remote.

Did this come with a new receiver and remote as a kit? Do you have any light on the receiver at all? Let me get you a manual for this. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 6/18/2010 at 8:01 PM EST

Yes, and no there is no light that will come on on the receiver, nor will the override buttons work.

Double check the wiring to be sure you have contact between the hot and the ground in the nut. Sometimes you can thread these on and not have them in contact. Also check and be sure that someone didn't turn off the On/Off switch in the furnace. Many of these are powered through the furnace circuit. Also check the fuses in the power center to be sure that you didn't miss one. Double check the wiring in the ceiling unit and be sure you didn't get some hooked up wrong. I am checking on the part number you gave me. Go HERE for the Service manual on this unit R.J.
Go HERE for a copy of the installation kit and that should be a good number. Check the wiring leads and be sure they are correct. That is towards the rear of the manual. You can use a standard phone jack to hook up to the cord to the receiver to test it for voltage. That is in the main manual. This may need to be reset........so disconnect the power to the module and let it sit for a few minutes and then hook it up again or you can pull the fuse. I suppose it could be a defective box or receiver but that is pretty rare. Get back to me if you need more help with this. R.J.