RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Retracted..what the manual says but they still extend when door opened…

Customer Question
LaPalma 2001 How to get...
LaPalma 2001 How to get the steps to stay retracted. Did what the manual says but they still extend when door opened.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/10/2010
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer...

Normally you can get them to stay extended by opening the door and hitting the door power switch. IF you have the pin style switch in the door you can try and open the door hold the switch so the step goes in with the door open and hit the door power switch and it may allow them to stay retracted. Normally you would want them to extend so nobody gets hurt when the door is open. IF that will not work you may have a possible wiring problem. Hope this helps...

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!

I am building steps not so steep for my wife who is disabled making it easier for her to ingress and egress. I have magnetic switch in door not the pin. There is a method of doing this in the manual but it doesn't work for me, or at least it hasn't yet. Thanks.

OK

IS this a Kwikee step the reason I ask is because the logic is controlled by the control box under the step.

Step is always open when door is open.

Step can be locked in the extended position. Step cannot be locked in retracted

position. Automatic ignition override makes step follow door.

Can you get the step to stay out when the door is opened and closed? OR will it come in and out also.

I am trying to figure out a way around this for you, also can you tell me briefly the procedure that the manual is telling you to do this?

Thanks