RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

roof..thermostat looks..,fan or compressor no clicking noise…

Customer Question
Fema trailor, I have a...
Fema trailor, I have a carrier 13500 ducted unit model ceiling section 99-00469-06 roof section 99-00468-00, It is getting 110v power.There is a different brand wall thermostat looks like a standard home t-stat.
The unit will not come on at all ,fan or compressor no clicking noise.no lights, nothing.
I have removed the power assy and control assy for further inspection.the fuse is good in the power assy .
what are the steps to check the unit to determine which part is bad, since I dont want to just buy parts randomly.the unit looks like it was used very little the coils are clean ect.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/10/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. This sounds like a thermostat issue. Go HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this unit. I would print out a copy of at least Bookmark it for reference as these are very handy. Be sure that the t-stat has power to it. When you say "power assy" are you referring to the thermostat or the control box in the ceiling? Check all the connections. Be sure that you have batteries that are in good shape. The control for this system work off the 12 VDC side. A VOM meter is very helpful here. Get back to me if you need more help with this. R.J.
there was no 12vdc to the unit ,I now have 12v and the fan running, but no compressor is coming on so no cold air, this unit does not have a remote tstat it has a wall tstat wired to the unit , it came this way from the factory, there is a 8 pin connector that connects the control assy to the power assy in the ceiling unit above the grille. the 8 pin connection was cut (disconnected) .the red light stays blinking continous, what next? to get cold air?
Do you have it on "High Cool" or "Hi Fan" mode? See section 2-3 in the manual for clearing the diagnostic alarms. This manual is very complete and will take you though the steps both for operation and for any trouble shooting. Follow those steps and let me know if you still don't have the compressor running. Be sure the mode is correct. If you still have problems or don't understand what the manual is trying to explain, you can call the tech hot line at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand they can give you a hand. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 6/10/2010 at 5:35 PM EST