RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

we just bought a new jayco feather weight camper w/a norcold…

we just bought a new...
we just bought a new jayco feather weight camper w/a norcold refrig. model #N51X. According the manual we are receiving and n code saying we are locked and can not reset it anynore & must return to the dealer, which is a good distance away & we are leaving on a camping trip June 10th & do not have time to take it back to the dealer, are their any suggestions to help us try & reset it without going back to the RV dealer?
Thanks Kim
6/6/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi, Kim..........thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. What usually causes this is the unit being operated out of level. You only have 3 degrees to play with.......not much. This is critical to this unit working properly and not being damaged. Go HERE for a Service Manual on this unit. It has the reset procedure on page 20. Follow it exactly. I would print out a copy or Bookmark it for reference as these are very handy to have. Get back to me if you need more help with this. R.J.
Hi Randall, Thanks for trying to help but my husband that is not the right manual for our model refrig. He said our power board was different from the one in the diagram. The model number on the door of the refrig. says it is a Norcold 7512UL. I'm sorry I didn't have that information yesterday the number I had came off the owner's manual supplied by the RV Co. where we bought it. The owners manual says it's for the N51X & N41X models but like I said on the inside of the refrig. it says it's a 7512UL. Would you possibly have any information on that model?
Look at the label again..........it will begin with an "N" and some numbers. Or you can get me the number off the control board and I can get it that way. R.J.
Hi Randall, Sorry it is an N not a 7 I could read my husbands hand writing, it's N512UL
That should have been the correct manual then. If that doesn't look like your control board, let me know what the 6 digit number off the board is.........it will begin with a "6" and I can get you another reset diagram. R.J.

Hi Randall, We came up with to numbers on the control board that started with 6. On the outside cover the number is XXXXX when you take the cover off in the top left hand corner where there is a plug-in above it was a number that started with a 6, that number is XXXXX

Thanks Kim

HERE is the reset for the 628661 Power board.........it is the newer style. Al the other instructions are the same. Just the pin location is different. You can also reset this using the diagnostic mode shown on page 51 and later. You use the diagnostic mode to show you the various fault codes on the unit. This is unique to Norcold refer models pretty much. As I mentioned earlier........be sure the refer is not operated out of level This can ruin the cooling unit and that is about $1,000 repair. Let me know if you need more. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks for the positive Feedback comment and the bonus........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Best2u, R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 6/7/2010 at 3:11 PM EST