RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

side of trailor and heater cover how can you adjust the flame..soot…

Customer Question
the flame is too high...
the flame is too high and is dicoloring side of trailor and heater cover how can you adjust the flame so it doesn't soot the cover and side of trailor
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
5/29/2010
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
What is the make and model of the unit,water heater or furnace?

atwood g6a-8e

six gal.

fleetwood-pioneer 2004

Here is a manual on the water heater,the soot up the side is from improper air fuel mixture.
Remove the burner assembly,clean it out with a brush or something to clear the burner tube,spiders like to build webs in them,reinstall the burner tube and check the flame,should be blue,without yellow in it,adjust air mixture if needed by sliding air baffle to get more air.
All this is covered in the manual as well,let me know what you find.
gene
gene, RV Mechanic