RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2006 Fleetwood: 5th wheel..slide..new battery and its plugged into ac…

I have a 2006 Fleetwood...
I have a 2006 Fleetwood Prowler, 30' 5th wheel, model 285RLS. I am having trouble
getting the living room slide to come in, it will start and move about 6 inches, then
stops. I have a new battery and its plugged into AC at my home. The owners manuel
says there's a way to by pass the electric (in case you have power go off), but it doesn't tell you how, it just says contact a Fleetwood Dealer.
4/12/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Can you tell me who made your slide room hardware?
The name is XXXXX XXXXX on the switch plate or in with your coach manuals. Do you know if it is all electric or hydraulic? If you get that information for me I can give you a hand with this. Most Fleetwood coaches use Power Gear or HWH slide systems. R.J.

Randall, I'm J.P., the owners manuel says the instructional material was with my package, but it isn't, there is a motor hooked to what appears to be a hydraulic, and

there are two braces that have have teeth and motored gear. Does that help at all?

Does the motor have a name on it or a data tag? If this is hydraulic it would have a tank for fluid and pressure hoses to the slide room. No name on the switch plate where you activate the room? Many Fleetwood slides are made by Power Gear and that name is XXXXX XXXXX the switch. I need to know what you have so I can direct you to the right area and get you a manual which has the testing procedures. R.J.
There is a good chance that it is one by Power Gear. Go HERE for the manual that covers all their electric slide room systems. See if any of this looks like yours. I live in Florida and I am heading to the barn........I will check in the morning to see what you found.
R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification