RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Duo-therm..part #3106463.007. it controls 2 furnaces and 2 a/c units

Customer Question
i have a duo-therm comfort...
i have a duo-therm comfort control thermostat part #3106463.007. it controls 2 furnaces and 2 a/c units. my r/v is 9 years old and i can't find a replacement part. what duo-therm thermostat part# XXXXX what i have. the furnaces are 8500 series units
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: RV
4/1/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. It sounds like you have the older 4 button t-stat which is NLA. Unless you can find someone who still has one around you will have to upgrade to the newer 5 button unit. I can get you a manual if you need one. I would be sure that the t-stat is the problem first. I will watch for your post. R.J.
Go HERE for a copy of the trouble shooting manual. Be sure this one is bad before you spend money you may not need to. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Just so you know........the new t-stat which is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN001 is included in the upgrade kit. You will need to have the model number of your A/C units as there are three different kits. Take the ceiling grill off and that number is XXXXX the data tag on the unit. Hope that is helpful and thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. All the best, R.J.

model # XXXXX

The kit you need is a(NNN) NNN-NNNN000 which should retail for about $250 or in that area. If you have the same model of A/C for your other unit you will need a control box which is(NNN) NNN-NNNN005 and that retails for about $118 or so. Now you know why it is a good idea to check the t-stat as shown in the manual to be sure you need this upgrade. No use spending $350 if you don't have to. R.J.
for some reasons i am not getting responses from anyone
What kind of response are you referring to?
the question was, i am in my r/v in the middle of the desert, so it is hard to get a manual to do the troubleshooting. thats why i needed the help i jumped acrossed the "on" poles of the swtich and i got the unit to come on but still the data on the control tells me everthing except the unit number, as #1 or #2. AS NO UNIT NUMBER IS XXXXX NOTHING IS BEING TURNED ON, AS A/C OR FURNACE
Did you click on the trouble shooting manual I gave you. That takes you through all the steps. That is the same one we use. You will need a VOM meter to do the tests they outline. These are available at most automotive stores, Radio Shack or Walmart for about $15 or so and they are easy to use. I prefer the digital readout versions as I think they are easier to use. With that you can track this down. R.J.
WHAT TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL AND WHERE DID YOU SEND IT
It was in one of my previous posts to you.........Go click right HERE to view it again. You might want to Bookmark it so you have it or print it out. Maybe you just need to reset the t-stat. Those instructions are on page 7 under B-15. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 4/1/2010 at 7:21 PM EST
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification