RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Coach..Magna..adjustment as it bumps and jumps as in come in or goes…

I have a 2009 Country...
I have a 2009 Country Coach Magna 630. My large side (16') seems to be out of adjustment as it bumps and jumps as in come in or goes out.

How and where is the adjusters for this slide/
3/20/2010
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer...

Do you have a curtain on the side of the fwd part of the slide? I am 99% certain this is a HWH system and it has an X arm drive which is behind a curtain on allot of the Country Coach models..

Thanks, Robert (RJ)

Yes the have an accordion type curtain and appears to have a very large chair that pulls the slide in and out.

I haven't seen a X arm.

OK

The X arm would be behind the accordion blind. These kind of rattle and pop when you run the room. Taking the blind off and putting it back on can be a big pain. These X arms are very difficult to adjust but can be done, I would if you have this style let a shop do the adjustment. I use to be a tech at Country and have a bunch of paper work laying around that might tell us which HWH system you have. I do know on the full slide rooms there use to be an issue with the blocks the room rides up on when you pull it in. What I would like to do is see if I can locate some information for you on this system. This might take some time. Also if you look under the room with it out do you see two large arms? IF not then the room may be the X arm style....

Thanks, Robert

Under the side is completely covered and does not appear to have any access panels. I thought of the guide blocks as the likely culprit but some how the side needs to be adjusted to meet the guide properly. Recently I found a 1/2 hard plastic roller and I suspect this maybe a start to a much large problem if I don't do something about it.

I know these slides are not very smooth and before CC went Bankrupt I had them have a look at it and they said it was "normal" It ain't normal any more!!

OK

I am going to see if I can chase down the room you have. Since Country went out all the information at HWH is no longer listed for Country Coach. This means I will have to do a little research and might not get back to you until Monday afternoon if that is OK ?

Thanks, Robert

You bet any help I can get would be well received.

I went up on the HWH Web Site and in one drawing it suggests there is an adjuster on the side wall of the side below the window but it really is not that clear.

Appreciate your help Robert

OK

Hope I catch you real quick country used THIS style and look at the roller to see if that is what you found...

Robert

If this helps, here is the poop on my coach:

2009 Country Coach Magna 630 Build # XXXXX and is a 45' RM ABCD "Vivaldi"Magna.
S/N 4U7CAFE1591080230.

OK

Did you look at that roller on the PDF I sent? Does that look like it?

Robert

Robert I have looked at the PDF and will have to strip down the front of the slide to expose this better. Would appear I will have to remove all of the furniture in the side however. Is that right?

OK

I believe you are correct, this style is no fun to work on. When you mentioned the roller I knew which style you might have. If you can get to it, that information will tell you how to replace it and I have a feeling that the room is running like that because the roller came out. When I was getting ready to leave Country in 06 they were experimenting with this style and seem to have problems with the rollers coming out. They also had an issue with the "molly" blocks, the rooms would dig into them and rip the block, once that happened the room would run poorly. I can still find out for sure if you need to pull the furniture on Monday if you like. I think we are on the right track with this and feel the roller is the problem, needs to be repaired.

Thank You!!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic