RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

dometic..ride..push button..Have tested and have 12 volt and 120…

I have a Duo-Therm Dometic...
I have a Duo-Therm Dometic Penquin slim line 15,000 btu model 60626.321 ,it hqas a small receiver located on the ceiling so you can manual overe ride incase you loose rhe remote push button for either heat or cool. Have tested and have 12 volt and 120 on feed wires but can't get unit to work either heat or cool have replaced the receiver and the remote but still nothing working any ideas? Richard
2/23/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi, Richard.......Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Duo-Therm has had a lot of problems with this system and I don't think they make it any more. Check the fuses and your breakers in the power center first. This is the source of the AC and the 12 VDC for the unit. Then check behind the exterior furnace cover and see if the "on/off" switch is on. They wire some of these units so that the furnace circuit actually provides power to the control unit of the A/C and if that switch is in the "off" position, the A/C and furnace won't work. You should have a VOM meter and a test light to take some readings if this doesn't resolve the problem. They can be purchased at most automotive stores, Radio Shack or Walmart for about $20 for the both of them and they are easy to use. I like the digital readout version of a VOM.
Get back to me and let me know what you find. R.J.

Hi Randall

I have had this unit which I installed in July of 06 ,there is power going to both units the furnacehas 12 volts and the a/c has 120v. when you turn unit on it will chirp or change the temp up and down it will chirp for every degree. When you press on the orange power button on the remote it was starting to get hard to start and stop and sometimes would act like it was getting confused and caught between commands. then after a couple weeks it just wouldn't do anything. I have already changed out the receiver which is the manual override for the unit in case you lose the remote. and replased the remote also. checked to make sure the dip switches weere in the right order. any other suggestions.

Thanks Rich

The problem lies in the control box assembly under the ceiling panel where the receiver mounts. It may be bad or have a loose connection. If you check the connections and they test out o.k. then you may have to replace the unit. If you have a(NNN) NNN-NNNN004 control you will need to upgrade to the(NNN) NNN-NNNN009 unit. If you go HERE you can access the manual for this system which shows you how to test out the cable and other areas of possible problems. See page 52 and 53. Also HERE for the upgaded 5 button control. Page 8 shows you how to test the power into the control box and power out using a standard phone plug. Let me know if you need any more help with this. IF you found this information helpful, please hit the "ACCEPT" tab so I get credit for assisting you. All the best, R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 2/23/2010 at 8:42 PM EST
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Thank You

For yoou help ,I won't be able to check things out for a few days the weather is to be raining for a few days

Thanks again Richard

Glad to be able to give you a hand. Please let me know what you find out. You can always come back on this thread. Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Best2u, R.J.