RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

jayco Trailer that is new frig has never been run...light comes on…

Customer Question
I have a Jayco Trailer...
I have a Jayco Trailer that is new frig has never been run. It is a model N611RT ser.#(NNN) NNN-NNNN When I plugged the 110 power supply nothing happens but the light comes on. Am I missing something or should I hear the unit run. Trailer is level and I turned it to automatic. The green light comes on when I turn it on and turn it to coldest but nothing else
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
1/26/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. These units will work on either LP gas or AC electric IF either of those is available. In either case, you need to have 12 VDC to the control board which is located on the back of the unit underneath the ventilation cover. It is best to be plugged in to a 120 VAC source to kept the batteries charged up unless you have some solar panels. These fridges don't make any noise when they come on, especially on AC. They are set up on automatic to first try to operate on AC if that is available. If not, it will try the LP automatically. If you are on LP and you get AC available, it will shut off the LP and switch over. On LP you will have a very slight noise you can hear from outside from the flame on the burner. You have to get your ear pretty close to hear it. You can take the inspection cover off that covers the burner or move the small inspection slide and view the flame. It takes about 6 hours to get cold depending on how long it has been sitting. You don't want to let this sit for long periods without being on. The ones that last the longest are those that are left on all the time. If you leave this on for an hour or so and you can't feel any heat on the stack where the heating element is, then get back to me. This has a built-in diagnostic mode on the control board and it doesn't sound like it was giving you any fault messages. I would read that manual so you know how this unit functions and what to do when it doesn't. If you don't have one, go HERE to get a copy. You should also have the LP pressure checked at the regulator at least once each year as low LP pressure is responsible for many gas related issues. If you have more questions relating to this, please get back to me. If you found this information helpful, I would appreciate you hitting the "ACCEPT" tab so I get credit for assisting you. All the best, R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 1/26/2010 at 10:10 PM EST
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification