RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1997 Fleetwood: RV..motor home..105 , 000 miles is it..many miles…

1997 Fleetwood Discovery 36A FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY...
1997 Fleetwood Discovery 36A
FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 37' DIESEL RV MOTORHOME

If this unit has 105,000 miles is it still a good buy? Itlooks likeit is in good shape. How many miles can you expect to get on this diesel. What would the value be? 18K, 20K?

Doug
1/7/2010
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer....

Do you happen to know what engine is in this? IF not that is OK......

Thanks, Robert

1997 FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 37' CLASS A MOTORHOME. 300HP CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL PUSHER.
NO RESERVE!

DETAILS:

Mileage: 95,980

Freightliner Chassis

Cummins 300HP Turbo Diesel

Full Air Brakes and Air Suspension

Allison 6 Speed Electronic Transmission

Model: Discovery 36A

Length: 37'

- 50 Amp Service

-tilt steering

- cruise control

- Power/Heated Mirrors

- dash A/C

- Levelling Jacks

- Dual Ducted Roof A/C Units

- Ducted Furnace

- Aluminum Covered Main awning plus 3 More Awnings on Windows

- Onan Generator with 1100 Hours

- 3 Burner Stove

- 6 Gallon Hot Water

- Dometic Side by Side Fridge with Ice-Maker

- Power Entry Step

- Convection Microwave

- 19" TV Up Front

- 13" TV In Rear Bedroom

- Sleeps 4

- Front Leather Seats (Driver Seat is Power)

- Leather Recliner/Leather Sofa

- Inverter/Converter

- Washer/Dryer Combo

- Satellite Dish

- Much Much More!!

FULL DESCRIPTION:

The best of the best! 1997 Fleetwood Discovery 37' Class A Diesel Pusher motorhome. These motorhomes were the cream of the crop from Fleetwood. Freightliner Chassis with the Cummins 300 Turbo Diesel. Full air brakes and air suspension. Allison 6 Speed Electronic Transmission. Exterior is in very good condtion, sidewalls are nice and clean, no major dings or dents. Tires are in good condition, lots of tread and no weather cracking. Onan Generator runs nice and smooth, and is very quiet. Aluminum covered awning over the main entrance, and also on three of the windows. Interior is also in very good condition. Front seats are leather, with power driver seat, leather recliner, AND leather sofa. This unit has ALL the options that were available in 1997, with the upgraded interior package. Up front there is cruise, tilt steering, cold dash A/C, power mirrors, levelling jacks, and Stereo. 19" TV for the living room, along with crank up TV antenna, and satellite dish. Additional TV in the back bedroom. Nice kitchen area, lots of space. Dometic side by side fridge with Ice-Maker, 3 Burner Stove, Convection Microwave Oven, Hot Water tank, and corian countertops. Leather Sofa folds down for a bed, along with the queen bed in the rear, the coach sleeps 4. Nice private bathroom area: corner glass shower and vanity, across the hall is a private room just for the toilet. Dual ducted Roof A/C units, along with ducted furnace. Inverter/Converter. Lots of storage both inside and out (outside storage bins are huge, with slide outs). Power entry step for easy entrance. When you walk into this unit, you will be very impressed by how modern it is, and how nice the floorplan is.

The Fleetwood Discovery was the cream of the crop of Fleetwood RV's, there is simply none better. When this unit was new, it was VERY expensive. Everything is of the highest quality, using the best components available. The winning bidder will be a "happy camper" with this coach.

The unit appears to have been well maintained by the previous owner. No evidence of smoke or pet smells. Roof is in excellent condition. This is a NO RESERVE auction, and it will be sold to the highest bidder. This is a 5 Day Auction. The auction ends on Sunday, January 10th at 5:30 pm (Pacific Time).

The coach is located in Tucson, AZ. We can deliver the coach ANYWHERE in North America (United States or Canada) for $1.25 per mile (includes EVERYTHING). Contact me as well, if you need the RV imported into Canada, we can do this for our Canadian customers. Feel free to email us, or call us toll free at XXX-XXX-XXXX if you have any questions at all. We have MANY more pictures if you want them, just email through the ebay system with your email address and will send them out to you.

Check out our Feedback, we have sold numerous Motorhomes over the past few years, and all of our customers are "happy campers". We strive to make everyone more than satisfied with their purchase, keeping in mind that these are "used", and are not new motorhomes. We do our best to disclose everything we know about them. If you have ANY questions about the RV, please feel free to email us BEFORE you place a bid. Thank you very much!

Item is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle. Buyer to do deposit for $2000 within 24 hours of the closing of the auction and full payment within 7 days from the closing of the auction. Some items in pictures (staging items) do not come with the motorhome.

OK

This is difficult to purchase online or without saying. I can say this is a good power plant and chassis. The newer cummins engines starting in 1998 had block issues and fuel pump problems but this is prior to that. From my experience if the unit has been maintained properly it should last much longer as far as miles go. IF the previous owner ignored maintenance you may be in for allot of repairs. IF I was purchasing something like this I would have a qualified shop do an inspection prior to service, this includes inside items and chassis items, most good RV shops can do this in about 3 hours.

The price, using NADA which is a pretty good source, most banks and credit unions use it you are looking at low retail of $19,410 and high retail of $23,390... So you are very close to what you are thinking.

My opinion is with the mileage I would only purchase this if you have a shop inspect it and if you are able to drive the unit prior to purchase. Fleetwood does make a good product.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Thank You!!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic