RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need the ride height measurement front and back..coach..Hwy…

Customer Question
I need the ride height...
I need the ride height measurement front and back for 2007 Country coach allure 430. It is bottoming out across bridges out on Hwy 5. Any ohter help or info would be great.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
12/24/2009
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer..

Do you have a Tag? and is this something you are going to tackle? Are you familiar with setting ride height? Also do you have bilestein (blue yellow) or Koni (orange) shocks?

Thanks, Robert

yes I have set the ride height on my inspire....it had a similar problem. Yes this one has a tag and I am not sure what shocks but will look later today.

OK

That is good you know how to set the ride height, What I have for the Allure with the tag is Front 9" bag height and rear 12 1/2" bottom of frame rail to bottom bag mounting plate. IF you get under there and these seem way off please let me know. I normally will not touch them if they are within 3/16" side to side. The Konis shocks are also adjustable, but the bilsteins are not, the bilestiens had issues when country first started using them they had a bad batch so make sure nothing looks broken on the shock. I beleive this was in 06 (was at a rally for them and had to replace a bunch of them, was not fun)... Let me know if the measurements appear to be off and I can double check with another source...

Robert (RJ)

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!

Have a safe and Happy Holidays!!

Edited by RV help for u on 12/24/2009 at 5:30 PM EST
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

I went and checked, the coach has the koni shock, I am not sure where the 9" measurment is from? please advise.

Thanks

Kris

OK

The 9" is just bag height top to bottom of bag. You can set the Koni Shocks to full firm, this might really help. What you do is remove the bottom bolt I beleive it is 1 1/8", push up on the shock all the way so it is up. Turn the shock clockwise until it stops. Then back it off half to one turn and pull it down. IT will take a great deal of force to pull it down and using a big screw driver put through the eyelet on the shock will make it allot easier to pull down, you can grab each side and pull. Have the shock bolt ready to put in because the shock will actually keep moving very slowly if you leave it. This is how you can adjust the orange Koni shocks. I would also feel them after a long drive make sure they both feel around the same temp, if one is cool it might not be any good and when you pull down on the shock it should give you allot of resistance. Also thinking about the front shocks you should see the plate above the bag, you should be able to put the tape measure on the bottom of that and find a spot at the bottom of the bag... I hope all this makes sense and IF you still have more questions please feel free to contact me...

Thanks, Robert

Need to make a correction, the front air bags should have a plate (not shocks) did not mean to confuse you on that...... So tape on bottom of plate down to top of bottom plate for the air bag height....

Robert