RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2006 Fleetwood: LE...The panel showed 22 amps and the lights…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Fleetwood...
I have a 2006 Fleetwood Revolution LE. The generator just turned off. The panel showed 22 amps and the lights were all flashing. We checked the batteries (not house it was fine) and two batteries were showing no charge. We hit the auxillary and generator buttons and the generator came back on (with the motorhome turned on). When we turn the motorhome off the generator goes off again until we repeat the process. Can you tell me what is the cause? Relay switch/inverter/? Thanks.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
11/6/2009
RV Mechanic: R & K RV, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
R & K RV
R & K RV, RV Mechanic
When you have the coach on, the battery isolator switches on to allow charging of the house batteries with the alternator. When switched off, the isolator opens and disconnects the house from the chassis side. Generators use the house battery to maintain the 12 volts needed for the ignition. Your problem is that your generator is not seeing the house battery voltage which can be caused by a bad autobreaker (small rectangular box located within 18" of the house battery) OR a fuse or breaker in the inverter. I would check the inverter first. Is the inverter output working?
Let me know your inverter model and I can pull a manual in the event that we need it.
Thank you,
Ronnie
Ronnie, Once everything is dead we have no power to the inverter. The name of the inverter is Xantrex
Ok, we may have a problem with the inverter. Some Xantrex models had issues. You can sometimes literally slap them on the top and they will work! Can you get me the model number? I need to pull the service manual so I can tell you exactly what to look for.
Thanks,
Ronnie