How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nick Your Own Question
Nick, RVIA Certification
Category: RV
Satisfied Customers: 664
Experience:  5 years RV repair and reconstruction, Fleetwood RV Training course completion.
Type Your RV Question Here...
Nick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tank..Our RV is enclosed on the bottom and the pulls are..RV.

Resolved Question:

How do you replace a broken black tank pull that empties the tank? Our RV is enclosed on the bottom and the pulls are on the side of our RV. My husband does not see any way other than taking off the underbody to get to the pulls to replace them. Help!!! We have a 2003 Thor Colorado 5th wheel 33 ft.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Nick replied 7 years ago.
depends on the set up.. some use straight rod pull handles, some used cable operated ones.. either way, if it is broken off or come loose at the valve, the only way is to pull the underbelly. the rod style, screw onto the valve. cable operated a little trickier, and involves attaching the cable and adjusting.
usually you can just remove the screws holding the underbelly, along one side and pull it down enough to get in with a flashlight and visually inspect... the valves will usually be on the same side as the handles. if you have a gas line on that side, it may be easier to cut the underbelly and then tape it back up when done... afraid there is no other way to access the valves...
Nick and other RV Specialists are ready to help you

Related RV Questions