RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

our second attempt..2003 georgie boy cruisemaster motor home .

Customer Question
This is our second attempt...
This is our second attempt to correct a problem. We have a 2003 Georgie Boy CruiseMaster Motorhome. We had trouble on Friday with both rear pull-outs not functionning. We spoke with D. Wood and he was attempting to correct the problem for us. Meanwhile I had plugged in the 110 power supply and after approx. 7 hours tried the rear pull-outs and they worked. I was in agreeance with Dale Wood of a possibility of low amperage had caused the problem. This morning however the problem has re-occured and the 110 has been plugged in overnight.
More history on the motorhome. The coach has two new batteries installed 3 weeks ago. The 3rd pull-out works fine. I feel that it is not a fuse because of the fact that it did work yesterday. The motorhome did not move from one day to the next so I am assuming it is not a loose wire. Please supply your suggestions or comments. Thanks
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: RV
9/13/2009
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 13 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe I can assist you with this. May I first say that Mr. Wood is very qualified and has assisted me in the past. In view of this new information, I would first check your ground leads for these rooms. As you know, many times a bad ground will sometimes pass current and sometimes not. I have seen this many times in various circuits on RVs. Check where the grounds for the motor circuits connect and if this is a low voltage switching circuit, check that also. These vary depending on the manufacturer. Those made by Power Gear a few years back had problems with the boards and grounds. The other thing I would look at is if there is an overload resettable breaker in the circuit that may be faulty. You usually find these up by the batteries. The contacts get burned from the amperage and eventurally act like dirty battery terminals. Most electrical problems of the nature you describe are one of these problems. Ask any follow-up questiongs you feel might be helpful.
All the best, R.J.
Hi Randall,
Thank-you for your suggestions however we were able to find the problem before you answered. There is somekind of a contact on the compartment doors below the slides that needs to be closed before the pull-outs can go out. Apparently one of the compartments below the slide's contact arm had a bend in it threrefore would not make proper contact when closed. Once this arm was straightened out the slides are working fine. Thank-you for answering.
Always great to hear that the problem was resolved. Thanks for letting me know. Please tell others about our service. All the best, R.J.