RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

norcold 1211..complete new back put on a year ago the evap..60 degrees…

Customer Question
Have a norcold 1211 which...
Have a norcold 1211 which had a complete new back put on a year ago the evap. had a clog. now the freezer is still cold but the frig goes up to 60 degrees. I put a fan on the coils and it cooled the main compartment to 47 but after 24 hours it went back up to 60 degrees Could it be the thermocouple on the transfer plates that is not working? What is the test for it? We are full timers and they want us to go and buy a frig to put our food in while they test it
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: RV
8/13/2009
RV Mechanic: RIP ROBERT, R.V. TECH & MECHANIC replied 13 years ago
RIP ROBERT
RIP ROBERT, R.V. TECH & MECHANIC
HICustomer

THE THERMOCOUPLE KEEPS THE GAS VALVE OPEN, AND WELL CLOSE THE GAS VALVE IF THE BURNER GOES OUT. I BELIEVE THAT YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE BURNER CLEAN IT OUT REALLY GOOD, ALSO CLEAN THE CHIMNEY OUT GOOD, REINSTALL AND RELITE. DON'T USE THE FAN THE HEAT TRANSFER IS WHAT MAKES THE REFRIGERATOR COOL DOWN. IF THE REFRIGERATOR DOESN'T GET COLD AFTER THAT IT MIGHT NEED TO BE BURPED. WITH IT ON OTHER THAN THE BURNER DO YOU HEAR A GURGLING NOISE? WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU. YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY. THANK YOU FOR USEING JUST ANSWER.

THANK YOU,

RIP ROBERT