RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

preps to going camping I turn the frig on using ac power…

Customer Question
I have a N842IM....
I have a N842IM. This past Wednesday while making preps to going camping I turn the frig on using AC power. It worked fine all night Wednesday, all day and night on Thursday and up to about noon on Friday. Left for camping and set the frig to LP. The LP tank was recently filled and the valve was closed. After opening the valve, I had to turned on the stove eyes to purgr air out of the lines. After a short period of time, the frig started to operate on LP. It worked ok for about 3 hours and then went into alarm with the code of "no co". We cleared food away from the cooling fins. Turn it off and back on cleared the fault for about an hour. It will not operate on AC or LP. Is there a way to perform a reset function?
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: RV
7/19/2009
RV Mechanic: Jeff Myers, RV Mechanic replied 13 years ago
Jeff Myers
Jeff Myers, RV Mechanic
HelloCustomer my name is Jeff.

There is a way to perform a reset on this fridge.

1. Turn the power off to the fridge.
2. From the outside, remove the black plastic cover that is located in the lower left side of the rear of the fridge. You will have to remove some wires so remember where they go.
3. Notice a large plug with multiple wires coming out of it in the center of the board.
4. You will need a jumper wire with both ends stripped. Turn the fridge on, place one end of the jumper in the #15 hole of the plug (empty spot beside the violet wire) and touch the other end to ground. Hold it there for several seconds until you hear an audible click from the board.
5. Once you hear the click, the board is reset and you will need to shut it back off. Replace the cover on the board and then restart the fridge. All should work fine.

This should get you back up and running. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck,

Jeff
Jeff Myers
Jeff Myers, RV Mechanic

Thanks Jeff. The hardest part was getting the cover off. After several attempts and finally getting a good ground, I was finally able to hear the clicking noise that you mentioned. All I have to do now is to put it back together.

One final question if you don't mind. What would cause it to do this in the first place?