RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 1995 Starcraft 852 Leisurecraft slide-in truck camper.

I haven't used it for...
I have a 1995 Starcraft 852 Leisurecraft slide-in truck camper. I haven't used it for over 5 years, during which I purchased a new pickup. It was on a Ford F250 but hopefully will be on a Chevy 2500HD. My problem is with the electrical hookup. The camper has an 8 connecter rectangular setup and I can't locate anything like it anywhere. I guess I could pull it and replace with a new round connector, but everything I see in catalogs are 5 or 7 or 9 way connectors. Suggestions, please.
7/13/2009
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, this is Michael, yes your right your going to have to change to a 7 way on the camper......
Wiring Code 7 way Trailer End
#ColorGageCircuit Functionconnector interior
1white10common ground[7 way connector]
2blue12electric brake
3green14tail/running lights
4black10battery charge (+)
5red14left turn/stop
6brown14right turn/stop
7yellow14auxiliary/back up
NOTE: #7 is the center terminal and currently is most commonly used for backup lights.
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Michael Reush
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician