RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

1997 Fleetwood Discovery 36RS ? wiring diagram for TV/VCR/?/?

Customer Question
1997 Fleetwood Discovery 36RS ? wiring...
1997 Fleetwood Discovery 36RS
? wiring diagram for TV/VCR/?/?
Someone disconnected all the wiring behind the TV
Two grey cables, one Black.
How is the antenna booster wired in, does the cable from the antenna go directly to it and then back to the TV from it behind the the caabinet ?

THANKS
Ken
XXX-XXX-XXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
7/10/2009
RV Mechanic: technotony, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
technotony
technotony, RV Mechanic

Hi Ken, my name isXXXXX can help you with this although they are all wired much the same they use different equipment. So let work together on this and we can get it fixed up for you.

Yes the antenna wire coming from the bat wing antenna on the roof goes into the antenna booster and then from the booster to the TV.

Do you have a switch box so you can select the different inputs like antenna, cable, satellite, vcr/dvd, etc? Sometimes these diverter switch boxes have the antenna booster built in. If the switch box is missing this may be the cause of the confusion.

Tony C.

Here is a picture of a common switch box I am talking about in case you are not familiar with it.

graphic

My problem is behind the TV.
I have 2 grey cables, same color as the one on the roof going to the antenna
and one black on, like the one to the dish
I suppose one of the grey goes into the tv
It had a dish box at one time but when it was removed the problem started
I have tried to hook up each cable in a variety of posssssitions.
if i hook the tv up to the terminal on the front of the antenna booster ddirectly to the the front tv works ok
I dont know which cable passes thru behing the tv and what on should hook up to it ?
Ken
yes my box is like it
I have tried all combinions of sw positions

Ok Ken, we got this. You say you do still have the switch box? Are some of the wires still connected to the switch box?

Ok, if you have connected you TV directly to the front of the antenna booster and it worked then we are half way there.

You need to look at the back of the booster, and yes you may need to pull it out to tell the first time. On the back there is a cable connected to it from the antenna, I know this because your testing the front tells me so. Also on the back should be a cable coming off the booster, this is the cable that goes to our TV but first it should go to the switch box. From the booster to the switch box port labels antenna in, then on the back of the switch box again the should be a port marked to TV1. Connect a cable to this port and then to the back of the TV.

Now on the front of the box over the label TV1, push the antenna button, turn on your booster and you should have the same picture you had in your test.

The other cables you see (the two gray ones) are for the rear TV and a cable connection you should have someplace out side to connect to park cable. Usually they are marked some how, masking tape label or just marker righting on them telling you which is which. Just connect the rear TV cable to the port TV2, and the cable to the cable or aux port.

The black cable you mentioned is going to the dish and you can just leave it there not connected to anything.

Thank you for using Just Answer and me, Tony C. if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. If you are happy with my efforts please hit accept, hitting accept is the only way we get paid.

Thanks again

Tony

technotony
technotony, RV Mechanic
I'm assuming the A-B sw is Antenna/Dish ?

Yes I would think so as the dish is an add on. Not original equipment. I hope your gray cables are labled but if not just send a signal to the rear tv if you have one and if it dos not work use the other cable and do the same thing. You will get it and I will be here to help you if you need it.

tony c

technotony
technotony
technotony, RV Mechanic