RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Marine: ac..thermostat..shuts..unit on and off and controls the temp)

Customer Question
Marine Refrigerator ac/dc Model# XXXXX...
Marine Refrigerator ac/dc Model# XXXXX My marina had a power outage and when it came back on my " frig" was off. I tried turning it back on with the "thermostat" switch/knob on the inside ( the one that shuts the unit on and off and controls the temp). It would only turn on if I flipped the switch on the control panel. The unit turned on and when it reached a certain temperature, it would shut off which is normal. It would not come back on when the temp. went up. and again, the only way to turn it on was at the circut breaker. I'm having s difficult time in getting an answer and or finding a schematic to determine what part might be needed. Can't find parts for this unit. HELP!!
Thanks

Harold
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: RV
7/7/2009
RV Mechanic: technotony, RV Mechanic replied 13 years ago
technotony
technotony, RV Mechanic

Hi Harold, my name isXXXXX gave us the model number but we need the make. If you can get us the make of the refrigerator that would be great.

thanks

tony

OOPS-- It's a Norcold

Harold, could you check the model number again for me. I am not finding anything on that mode. I think it should start with a DC or DE. I am not sure. Check for me please.

tc

Re-checked model # XXXXX it is a 251B AC-117V- DC 12V. The closest I could read of the ser. # XXXXX 71N (either 0 or 1 on the next #) 223. Other #'s on the label XXXXXXXXXXX

Hi again Harold. I have looked and looked and looked and I cannot find any info on a 215B. Did you know that Norcold is owned by Thetford? I can only suggest at his point you contact there customer support and see if they can help you with what refrigerator you have. What you are experiencing is usually a control board relay sticking or if you have a mechanical thermostat with a thermocouple or thermister it could be that. Without being able to find a manual on your refrigerator I would not pretend to know what is wrong. I looked in the marine, rv, truck, and home divisions and cannot find anything.

Here is Thetford customer care line.(NNN) NNN-NNNNGood luck Harold, I wish I could have done better by you.

Tony C.