RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Fleetwood: really cold..it back on manually and it would heat…

Customer Question
We have a fleetwood E1...
We have a fleetwood E1 (2008) and the furnace worked perfectly the first night. The second night, when it cycled off, it didn't cycle back on (and it was really cold!). We could turn it back on manually and it would heat nicely, then cycle off (and stay off...) Any suggestions about what the problem might be?

Thank you.
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/3/2009
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 13 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, this is Michael, when you manually turned it back on, did you swing the temperature selector arm back and forth or did you turn it 'off' then back 'on'?
Hi Michael--the furnace wouldn't go back on swinging it back and forth. We turned it "off" and then back "on."
Hi, thank you for your response, I'm searching the fleetwood data base to look at the thermostat on your unit, to give you a good diagnosis, I dont see Evolution............is it a Excursion , Discovery, or or or and the model number.............Thanks
Good Morning Michael:

Fleetwood has a series of "off-road" pop-up trailers, the Evoluation Series. I think they've been sold for about 4 years or so. We have the Evolution 1. However, I just went through our documentation and the furance is an Atwood Hydro Flame
7900-II/800-II. I looked on the unit to further narrow it down for you, but there is no
number on the thermostat. Is this enough information for you?

Pam Arsenault
Thank you , this explains my mystery. The diagnosis is that you will need to replace the thermostat. ...............Michael
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician