RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Is there a fuse for the rear seat/foldable bed in a 98 gmc…

Customer Question
is there a fuse for...
is there a fuse for the rear seat/foldable bed in a 98 gmc astro conversion van(gladiator sport) and is there a manual way to raise and lower the rear seat?               thank you
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
3/14/2009
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 9 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, this is Michael, unfortunatly many aftermarket conversions have been done, and the 'who done it' and if they are still around is a big question........However, to use it manually is not an option unless its a one time special deal, because you'll need to take the mechinism off or run pos batt and neg battery to make the motor run, You can do this by getting 2 long wires, and go to the battery, cut the wires at the motor, and apply, it will reverse by reversing the wires, if there are only two wires............Now where is the fuse...........Normally a fuse panel is put inside the vehicle behind the drivers seat, or on the wall thereby.................OR under the hood.............OR at the coach battery, which most times is inaccessable underneath...................I hope this helps you somewhat, becuase being in the industry every day for 30+ years, without being there its 'the search is on' and the most logical place is the place to LOOK first..............