RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2005 winnebago adventurer that when we put out the room slide..bolt…

Customer Question
Can you help us, we...
Can you help us, we have a 2005 winnebago adventurer that when we put out the room slide it went out about 9 inches and stopped. Then my husband tried the others and they would not go out. So we need to get the room back in to travel and we took the book which told us to find the silonoids and turn them 4 turns and then we found where the manual bolt is on both sides and all that did was just kept spinning never catching anything. Both sides. Then we tried with 4 people just to push it in but could not. Please help us. Thank you
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: RV
2/26/2009
RV Mechanic: Nick, RVIA Certification replied 13 years ago
Nick
Nick, RVIA Certification

sometimes on many hyd rooms, manually operating them requires a lot of turns in order for it to make any movement... however, why the room stopped.
when it stopped, did the motor keep running but the room not move? or did the motor shut down too?
also do your leveling jacks work?
and what system does yours have? HWH?

the motor kept running but the room stopped. The system is HWH. Are the bolts suppose to be that easy to turn? When we press the extend , retract button you can hear it running.
i am not sure which bolts you refering to. HWH normally uses a winch system for their emergency retract. do you know the model number of your pump?

i am going to opt out of this, since i wont be able to be on much today and sounds like you need an answer pretty quick so i will allow another expert to assist you and should be able to help you quicker.
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 13 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!

Nick has asked me to assist you. It may seem like we are starting over but having this information will be helpful. So I have a few questions for you. I am familiar with the HWH system however there are a few series of slide out set ups, so if you know the series that will help. Since none of the rooms will retract have you checked your battery voltage? It is very important that the hydraulic pump is getting 12 volts. Next have you checked the fluid level in the reservoir? IF the pump is running you could have a leak in the system and this would be reflected in the reservoir. What kind of leveling do you have? Do you have hydraulic Jacks? On the valves you opened did they have a T handle or a small nut?

Thanks, Robert