RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2005 fleetwood: Keyless entry quit working..expedition..owners manual…

Customer Question
Keyless entry quit working on...
Keyless entry quit working on 2005 fleetwood expidition. Happened before and took it into fleetwood center, they fixed and said it needed reprograming. Now I talk to them and they said the info was in the owners manual. Not there. Can you help?
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: RV
2/9/2009
RV Mechanic: E.Hagen, RV Mechanic replied 13 years ago
E.Hagen
E.Hagen, RV Mechanic

Do you know what brand of keyless system you have? It should say on the back of the touch pad or even on the back of the remote? Are you able to take a picture of the key pad and post it here? There a many types out there and I want to get you the correct information on this system.

Here is a link to the "keyless" brand system on how to reprogram the system. This brand is in about 80% of the coach out there so hoping this is the system you have. In this manual it tells you how to reprogram the key fobs and touch panel. Click here.

You will have to locate the main control board and find the program buttons. Some times it is mounted behind the drawers in the center of the dash or dash panels. Let me know if this help.

E.Hagen
E.Hagen, RV Mechanic

The keyless system is a RKE 100 FW and I have found a few suggestions for reprograming which are not working. However, in trying track down this problem, I have found the the inverter is malfunctioning and maybe that is part of many problems that I am becoming aware of. I don't mean to hold you off, but I need some time to correct the inverter problems. I'm old, fighting cancer and in a cold climate, but will do best as possible to get all done ASAP. Once this (keyless entry) problem is corrected, I will release your money. Please bare with me.

Bob

I am not in a rush so take your time. I under stand fully. Have a great day and will wait to hear from you.

Thanks.

Still not able to get this remote to work and have come to the conclusion that I will have to take it to a shop where they know what they are doing. In the mean time, I will have to use the key to lock or unlock the door. I feel that you made a good effort in helping me so will accept your answer and release the funds. Have a good life.