RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2007 Eclipse: myself before taking it to a service dealer..Norcold…

Customer Question
My refrigerator is not getting...
My refrigerator is not getting cold. This is the first time I have experienced this and I am curious if there is something I can check and possibly fix myself before taking it to a service dealer? I have a 2007 Eclipse Attitude with a Norcold refrigerator.
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: RV
2/4/2009
RV Mechanic: E.Hagen, RV Mechanic replied 13 years ago
E.Hagen
E.Hagen, RV Mechanic

Do you have a model number of you norcold refer? Is the display showing a fault code and beeping?

Make sure you are not loading the top shelf up with a lot of stuff. This will prevent the cold air from circulation around the box. Also make sure the thermistor sensor that is mounted on the fins in the back/top of the refer box has not fallen away from the fins. It must be touching the fins to get a good temperature reading. Also make sure you have not put any hot food in the refer area. It will throw off the temperature and not cool for a long time.

I do not have the model number at this time. I do not have a display to read I just have a light that blinks when there is a propane issue. The light was not blinking. When I tried to bring the temp down I had the refer empty. Is there a reset button of something external that can be checked besides what you have mentioned?

Let me see if I can find out what model of refer was installed in that type of coach. Give me a few minets to see if i can find it.

Do you know the model and length of your trailer? Is it a 5th wheel or bumper pull trailer and it is a toy hauler correct?

thank you

Hello again,

Ok, I'm not sure but I believe you have a n61 or n81 series. There is a reset switch on the burner tube on the back side of the unit. Here is a tech bulletin for the high temperature monitoring system. This is the only reset on the unit it's self. How long did you let it run befor you noticed is was not cooling. If it dose not cool after 12 hours it would shut down and throw a code on the display. If at all possible you can get me the model of the refer it would help greatly in figuring out your problem.

graphic

Let me know if this doesn't help.

I checked and the model# XXXXX XXXXX

I also could not find any reset switch from the diagram provide.

Thank you

Some models did not have the high temp sensor install on them but it was worth a try. Thanks for the model number. I had suspected that you had the n61x sires. Ok. Was any of the 2 led light flashing on the control panel? If so this is telling us there is a problem with the unit. If you could post your e mail address I can send you the service manual. You will have to put spaces befor the @ sign and after other wise the system will block it out.

I can not post PDF files here on JA.

The orange light which is the gas indicator was not blinking but the green ligh indicator was blinking. My e-mail is bradfordteam @ cox.net

Thank you,

I have sent you the service manual, If you look at page 8 of the manual there is the fault codes. Depending on the number of flashes and the time of flashes could mean several things. You will have to check the number of flashes and the check the manual. Depending on what has failed then you might have to take it to a service center. Norcold has a 2 year parts and labor warranty and 3 year parts only warranty on the refer from date of purchase. So depending on when you bought your coach it might be under warranty if you have a more serious problem. Hope I was able to help and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Here is a link to the norcold warranty info. Click here.

E.Hagen
E.Hagen, RV Mechanic