I don't know what make the heater it is except that it is 10 gallon with electronic igniton. I am told it is propane

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I don't know what make the heater it is except that it is 10 gallon with electronic igniton. I am told it is propane only not combination gas/elec.
Answered by Michael Reush in 7 mins 14 years ago
imglogo
Michael Reush
Auto Mechanic
logo

Specialities include: Auto Body Technician, Heavy Equipment Repairs, Heavy Duty Engine Repairs, Brake and Transmission Repairs

Hi, this is Michael, Gas only direct spark..........Ok, first of all there needs to be power to the switch inside,,,,,,,if there is go to the water heater, leave the switch on, unplug the wire on the thermostat.................ck for power there if power is there, follow the lead to the pc board, if the power goes into the board, and the gas valve doesnt click or the igniter strike,,,,,,,,the board is bad....................But you need to follow the power first before making that determination
Customer
The power switch in side the RV light up. What voltage should I see at the thermostat.........where is the circuit board located? What should I expect to pay to have the whole unit replaced including labor? Where are you located ? Oregon ?
Its all 12 volt no worries........Depending on the make its either in the front or in the back Atwood is in the front behind the door, Suburban is tapped to the back or the top or the styrofoam insulation.........................I'm in California Labor going to run 1.5 -2.0 hrs at the shops labor rate,,,,,,,,,I do know someone in Oregon what city are you in? I have to ck on the price of the heater, depends on 10gal, 6 gal, what mfgr

The Suburban unit is 305$...............michael

Customer

My tank is a 10 gal tank. I am about 90 miles S. of Oregon City. Tank + labor $ = ??

worst case $$ =___________

Labor 200 +water heater305= 505$ plus tax, and if your door doesnt work on the new water heater you need a new one at 55$ So all things considered $550 +- I'm talking to the tech right now in Oregon what city are you in?
Customer
I live in Lebanon,OR
Hi, again the tech in Oregon is close to you and I am giving you a link to his E-mail, and he will help you with the replacment...............Thank you for letting me help you.........Michael ...............His e-mail [email protected]
Customer
What is grumpy's name and where does he live. I think Oregon City is to far to go for repair. I was told that the replacement part no wasGP10-2E does that make any sense to you??
His Name is XXXXX XXXXX he will come to you, that model number is XXXXX doesnt fit anything...............And the price I gave you seems ironious the heater is closer to 500
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Michael Reush
logo
logo
logo
Auto Mechanic
imglogo
Michael Reush
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed mechanics

Pearl avatar
Steve Pearl, Mechanic's Assistant
14 Mechanics are online right now.