RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

A motor home , and the roof air conditioner leaks water onto my floor…

I have a motorhome...
I have a motorhome , and the roof air conditioner leaks water onto my floor,please help find out why?
8/27/2008
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 14 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, this is Michael, what model and make is the a/c please this will help me diagnose the problem...........Thank you Michael
the a/c is a DUO-THERM by Dometic, can't find the model number. The unit is a 13.5 BTU, and about ten years old. We live in the motorhome, so it is used alot. We live in the panhandle of Fl. so there is alot of humidity at times. My husband has checked the drain lines , no problem. It drains on the outside too, but when it runs onto the livingroom floor sometimes it is a cup or more.
Hi, Michael again, could be one of two things. first the drain holes, there is a basin in the evaporator side that catch's the mositure. Sometimes after a few years, it cracks and allows water in........You can take off the top shroud, undo the screws on the front at the top, and down the sides, remove the metal, and look inside to see whats going on.. The other thing is that the gasket that seals the a/c on the roof may allow water to come in. Does it leak when it rains...That will answer that question................Please accept my answer this page and get back to me............Thank you Michael
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician