Was watching TV, and heard a pop. Discovered that all my electrical outlets are now dead. Have a 2005 Fleetwood Fiesta

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Was watching TV, and heard a pop. Discovered that all my electrical outlets are now dead. Have a 2005 Fleetwood Fiesta 26 ft. Checked out all fuses I could find - all good. Book says there is electrical panel under refer, but did not find one. Checked the fuses on the table seat = all good. Checked engine compartment = all good. What am I missing and how do I get the power back?
Answered by Robert in 9 mins 14 years ago
imglogo
Robert
12+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Auto Body Technician, Heavy Equipment Repairs, Heavy Duty Engine Repairs, Brake and Transmission Repairs

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.

First thing to check is all your GFI's in the coach, if these trip they will cut power to all your 110V. They should be located on one of your outlets, usually they put one on each side of the coach. There should be a breaker panel in the coach, I would check and make sure none of your breakers tripped. The location of the breaker panel can vary, sometimes they could be in the closet. Next thing to do is find your inverter or converter, if you have a inverter it may have resetable breakers located on it, same with a converter it may have fuses. Also I would try to start the generator, if you get power back you could have a issue with the coach transfer switch.

Customer
Have no GFIs in the coach. Book says we should, but we do not! Have checked the breaker panel, nothing tripped. Checked all fuses we could find - all good. Have no idea if we have an inverter or converter. Where would I look for something like this?

OK

This unit should be looked at. You should have GFI's this is for overprotection on a circuit and I am very surprised to hear you do not have any. Do you have a panel in the coach that reads battery voltage? Sometimes the manufacturer of the inverter or converter will put there name on them. The converter or inverter can be located in several spots, pretty much it will look like a box with cables going to it. A good way to find it, is to locate your house batteries and follow the lines, one line should lead you to this box, sometimes they put them close to the batteries other times they can be in the coach usually under the fridge or in a cabinet. I would look for this box. The popping noise concerns me. I assume you where plugged into shore power, make sure there is power at the post where the unit is hooked up to, also see if the generator will output any power. I would have the GFI's installed also, makes me wonder if something was not altered in this unit. Another thing really quick fleetwood should have a technical support line that may help you troubleshoot some more, make sure if you call to have your VIN and unit number ready to give them.

RV help for u39555.0352697917
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Robert
logo
logo
logo
12+ years of experience
imglogo
Robert
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed mechanics

Pearl avatar
Steve Pearl, Mechanic's Assistant
14 Mechanics are online right now.