RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

norcold REF MODEL 1200lrim BLOWS FUSE OCCASIONALLY 5 AMP FUSE..COIL…

Customer Question
NORCOLD REF MODEL 1200LRIM BLOWS...
NORCOLD REF MODEL 1200LRIM BLOWS FUSE OCCASIONALLY 5 AMP FUSE ON CONTROL OUTSIDE ACCESS PANEL COULD THAT BE HEATING COIL IF IT IS WHERE IS IT LOCATED AN HOW DO I GET TO IT OR WHATEVER ELSE IT IS. THANKS JOHN
Submitted: 14 years ago.Category: RV
1/5/2008
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 14 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There,

I do believe there is a bulletin on the Monaco's regarding this issue.

The problem could be with either the board or the heat element, but the heat element would be the most likely cause.The heater element would be on the back side of refer.
Accessible through the lower vent opening,for the refer.
Look for wires going from the control board to the flue stack(round tube that surrounds the burner used for LP operation.)

I would call Monaco just to make sure there is not a bulletin. Have your serial number off your fridge. If you want I can provide you there number, I deal with them often.

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
THANKS   SERIAL NUMBER   9877271FB
Yes you will have to call them(NNN) NNN-NNNNAsk for Tech Support, You will Also have to tell them your VIN number so have that ready when you call, they may not respond untill monday.
THANKS FORM YOUR HELP WAS THERE A RECALL ON THIS I LOOKED ON MONACO I DIDNT SEE IT OR WAS PROBABLY IN WRONNG PLACE THANKS AGAIN JOHN

Your Welcome!

I remember an issue with the 5 amp fuse blowing but do not remember which years it applys, they go by serial number on your fridge, you may also want to try to call norcold.