Research

Ask research questions online and get Expert answers ASAP

Is Earth flat or Round? Please Explain your answer in a non…

is Earth flat or Round...
is Earth flat or Round ?
Please Explain your answer in a non traditional reason why you believe what you believe. I guess this question can fall into so many categories but I’ll just leave it at research.
3/8/2018
Michael
Michael, Research Librarian

Good morning,

So much written on the topic as a news report said of those that are in a small percentage wondering if the earth is flat or not. As not a scientist, thought I would provide peer reviewed sources that explain reasoning:

1. Popular Science Magazine offers 10 easy ways to show earth is round

https://www.popsci.com/10-ways-you-can-prove-earth-is-round#page-6

2. While not perfectly round, more of a sphere

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-is-not-round/

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

But personally though .. what do you think ?

I believe that from everything I have read from scientific research and pictures from space provided by NASA that our earth is round. Just too much scientific evidence to not be true. As a librarian, I always refer patrons coming to the reference desk information from experts in their field. Those that study space and our planet confirm that the planet is round and not flat.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Just came across this today in the news which might interest you:

https://www.outerplaces.com/science/item/17993-neil-degrasse-tyson-earth-round

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Thank you for the informations :)
I’ve done my own research. I do love the freedom of speech country and yes our education system has fails.https://youtu.be/0SQh9c3qeVs

With the information provided by myself as well as your own research that I hope you have come to a conclusion that offers an understanding of our planet.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael, Research Librarian
useful. Thank you !