Research

Ask Research Questions Online and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Research

I would like to create something out of the same material…

Customer Question
I would like to create...
I would like to create something out of the same material used to make this car https://nypost.com/2016/05/06/this-car-is-made-out-of-cannabis-hemp/
It says it's made out of woven hemp and I guess resin but I need more information on how exactly I could come up with the same material and how tomend/mold and shape it for what I need. I at least just need to know how to get that same result for material. It's lightweight and very strong which is exactly what I need.
Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: Research
Answered in 1 day by:
2/8/2018
Researcher: Mary Baker, General Researcher replied 13 days ago
Mary Baker
Mary Baker, General Researcher

Hello, my name is*****'m a professional freelance copywriter, journalist and editor. I am looking forward to working with you.

I researched all the articles I could find, but there does not seem to be any published information on the exact production process.

The molds are probably made the same way a boatbuilder would make a mold, so if you need help with molds, I would hire a boatbuilder. A boatbuilder would also be able to advise you on what types of resins to use, and how to do the molding.

Dietzen (creator of the car) says he buys his hemp fabric from China, and uses 3 layers. You could inquire at Alibaba.com to find purveyors of hemp fabric, or shop locally if it is legal in your state.

Also, you might try contacting Bruce Michael Dietzen himself on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brucedietzen

I hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Mary Baker
Mary Baker
Mary Baker, General Researcher