Research

Ask Research Questions Online and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Research

I have designed a new light for restrooms to allow disabled…

I have designed a...

I have designed a new light for restrooms to allow disabled folks to see it is available from a distance. This will save them time and allow greater access to restrooms. I want find an advisor to help me through the governmental process to make it a requirement one day. Can you help me find the person(s) in our California government to talk to?

Tutor's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Tutor's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Tutor's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm jist looking for the right contact for now

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/31/2017
Michael
Michael, Research Librarian

Good afternoon Bruce,

Your design sounds like something that can and should be available for those with a disability to be of great assistance.

In terms of government officials, looking first at locating your state assembly and senator would be the first step in explaining what you have designed and helping to try to make it a requirement. Their office can be of great assistance of where to start and who to talk to withing state government.

Start by using the link below as you can search for your representative. Contact info will then be provided:

http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/

Another suggestion is to contact the Office of State Disability as they can offer assistance on what process it may take to get your design one day for use for many in the state

http://www.dds.ca.gov/

Nancy Bargmann,(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Research Librarian
Thanks Michael. Not the answer I was looking for, but you did me some good advice. Your response did point me in the right direction to find answers.
Many thanks.
Bruce

I do believe that contacting those first in state government will get the ball rolling in terms of having a bill passed to possibly have your product for use. Also the additional contact listed in Sacramento can also offer assistance.

Best to you in having your product helping those in need.

Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Research Librarian