Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Just even told the fly wheel on the scenic is vibrating and

Customer Question

Hi just b even told the fly wheel on the scenic is vibrating and if left will self destruct and so needs replacing. How much would it cost to replace because I have just had all four injectors replaced.dumb dumb
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in? I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Thanks Silvia, the rest of the car is ok with recent replacements to brakes clutch suspension and cam belt and at moment engine is singer like a sewing machine it's jus I I've just paid a grand four the injectors and this has come as a bit of a shock
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: its a Megan/scenic 2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I have a same mechanic look after the car for 5 years now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well not really . He is ready to go ahead and order but is asking me do I want to go ahead. His advice is seeing everything has been replaced and is still underguartee I should go ahead, Kandahar I am wondering about this extra 1000euros and where I am to get it from or could I get a second hand fly wheel from the breakers yard
Category: Renault
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin 1000 euros sounds about normal the flywheel is pretty expensive and gearbox has to be removed to replace . I would only recommend fitting a new part as you cannot fully test an old used unit until fitted into car

Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all