Renault

Renault Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Renault

The immobilizer light stays on and engine won't turn on.

Customer Question
Hi. The immobilizer light stays...
Hi. The immobilizer light stays on and engine won't turn on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Immobilizer flashing light
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: Renault kangoo 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Tried to reset by disconnecting battery. Changing fob battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Renault
12/4/2016
Renault Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin any spare key ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. I have had a auto locksmith look at it he says the immobilizer needs resetting and I need security code card but I can't find it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the key and fob. The fob opens the door but won't turn off immobilizer

If you cannot find it you will need to get it from renault you will need to take identification into the dealer with log book .its likely that the key is the issue

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah that's what I was going to do but I can't find my log book. The reason I connected with u guys was when i read some1 else had the same problem the machenic adviser was able to get it with his deteils and reg no.

Ok i personally cant another may be able too but thats normally before 2001 il opt out see if another te h can assist

I see youve had no response on this im pretty confident on this you can only get code with id and proof of ownership .let me know if i can do anything else to assist and please remember to rate my service

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician