Renault

Renault repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have fitted a alternator on my car but court the live

Hi I have fitted...

Hi I have fitted a alternator on my car but court the live cable on the engine and now I don't get any lights on the dash and it wont turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes they do work because I used another battery to help turn it over and the dash lit up with tow batteries together but it still wont turn over, I have check the fuses in the car as well as the ones in the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?

Scenic 05

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have tried to jump start it but no joy, put a new battery on but still on lights on the dash if it blow a fuse where would it be.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so.

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/2/2016
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin can i have reg number please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Kevin my reg is ex05syo i have had a thort is there a fuse on the battery turnamuls, if so how do i check if it as gone.

Ok on battery there should be 3 very large rated fuses one listed at 400 amps can you see these?

Kevin
Kevin, Technician