Renault

Renault Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Renault

Just had a new keycard programmed, yesterday. Car will now

Customer Question
not start and the message...
Just had a new keycard programmed, yesterday. Car will now not start and the message states that the steering is not locked. Is this related to the keycard?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: All terminals are fine. The car started as usual before the guy left.
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: 57
JA: What year is your Renault?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not much so far. Looking for inspiration on the web. Original keycard won't function now.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Does the keycard control the steering lock and is there an immobiliser controlled by the same card?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Renault
7/31/2016
Renault Mechanic: Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Technicaldan
Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic

Hi, I hope you are well, my name is***** will see if I can help you with this.

Before we start, I have come across this a few times and I have resolved it by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

The keycard controls the immobiliser, the steering lock is part of the same system, but they do fail sometimes and cause a similar problem.

Try the battery disconnect first before we start going in to it and let me know.

I. Silva
I. Silva
I. Silva, Technician