Renault

Renault Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Renault

My renault megane 6 cd player comes up with err cd when i

Customer Question
put any cd in...
My renault megane 6 cd player comes up with err cd when i put any cd in
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Renault
5/31/2016
Renault Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi Tanya,

If this does occur with all discs, bought or burnt, then your radio headunit is faulty.

Sometimes cheaper to fit an aftermarket unit than factory.

A car sound shop can give you an idea on price to replace.

A friend of mine had tbis and his new unit was $600 cheaper than factory.

I hope this helps.

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The radio still works perfectly and yes it is with all CDs !! if i disconnect the battery and re put the code in could this reset it ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What causes it to be faulty ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Very common issue with CD players.

Could be a mechanical mechanism issue, or the laser itself not reading the disc.

Moving parts fail eventually, some more than others.

Some headunits have gone away from CD fir this reason.

USB is far more reliable now.

Gary

Hi Tanya,

Have I answered what you need to know, or do you need a phone call?

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i would like a phone call to clarify thankyou
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But i dont want to keep money if you are just going to tell me what i already know ..is there any thing you can suggest i do other than buy a new one ?

Hi Tanya,

Once it does that, it is terminal.

I won't be able to tell you any more over the phone, so you don't need to accept the phone call request if you don't want to,

which I think we don't need to.

The factory headunits are expensive, check with Renault first, and then go to a carsound shop for their price, you will be surprised.

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thankyou that was a waste of $21 i already knew that i just thought you may offer some different things to try like disconnecting the battery or something else

Hi Tanya,

I have seen this more times with CD players than all other headunit issues combined.

Disconnecting batteries is a waste of time, 99% are internal mechanical failure.

Gary

Hi Tanya,

Have you had anyone look at your CD player malfunction?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic