Renault

Renault Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Renault

Is this a paid service?
, Looks like I have TDC issue

Customer Question
Customer: Hi, is this a...
Customer: Hi, is this a paid service?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Looks like I have TDC issue on my Renault Laguna. I cleaned it put it back but I have the same problem. Sometime it starts okay and sometimes it doesn't. There is no pattern. Hot or cold same story. Only the starting problem, once it is started there are no issues. Thansk I meant Thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Renault Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. If it works, I am happy to pay.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Renault
1/1/2016
Renault Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi I'm Kevin if you ever have any starting issues on renaults at all always replace crank position sensor the parts have changed so many times and most come with an updated loom so always fit the genuine part

Thanks for the response. Cleaning the TDC sensor wouldn't help?
Should I need a new part? I thought it is just a magnet.

Unfortunately not just a magnet it technically is but it creates a voltage that is interrupted when a certain part of the flywheel passes giving tdc position I would replace it they are a very common failure

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician