I. Silva
I. Silva, Technician
Experience:  30 yrs. experience in all makes and models.
46707633

Ok I have a scenic 2.0l it appears to be suffering from vapour

Customer Question

Ok I have a scenic 2.0l it appears to be suffering from vapour lock....or is there a pipe that gives manifold vacuam info information to the ecu, runs fine when cold, a pig when hot ( it is petrol)
Category: Renault
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. Does car store any fault codes ? When this occurs is it difficult to start if hot also?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
starts very well when engine is cold, only a minor code for a heater pipe sensor. I have done the timing belt, crank sensor, plugs and coils. I will warm engine until it stops running then cool injectors with cold water, if it then starts ok it is vapour lock due to low pump pressure
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
Which exact model year this scenic is?
When the engine is hot, it stalls completely or do you get reduced performance?
Is the engine overheating?
Did you replace the belt and crank sensor plugs and coils prior to this problem, or because of it?
Can you check the fuel pump pressure (pressure gauge)?
did you check the coolant and engine oil?