Renault

Renault Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Renault

Renault MAGANE SCENIC my car will not go over 3,000 revs comes

Customer Question
my car will not go...
my car will not go over 3,000 revs comes up with codes DF012 DF079 DF003 DF002 ITS A RENAULT SCENICE MAGANE 2004
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Renault
4/6/2011
Renault Mechanic: Billy, Trainer/Master tech. replied 6 years ago
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Hello and thank you for using Just answer!
I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.
Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

My apologies for the delay........thank you for your patience...

I would erase the codes first, then take the car for a ride, to see which ones come back:
as DF002 and 3, mean there is an electrical problem with the engine coolant temperature sensor.
DF012 means battery voltage is either too high or too low.
DF079 means the heater relay is faulty (or the respective circuit).

Having cleared, and then checked, if the same faults came back (all of them)..i would check the alternator output, and the battery, and the engine bay wiring and ground points ...
If all these are good, then the ECM (engine control module) would be the most likely culprit.
However, i would check as well for any water ingress within wiring, and within engine bay fuse/relay plate.

Regards,
Billy
Billy
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.