Renault

Renault Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Renault

Renault: injection fault does the steering lock..grand..scenic

Customer Question
problem with steering lock now...
problem with steering lock now its working again but now car is saying injection fault does the steering lock have anything to do with the immobliser renault grand scenic 19dci
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Renault
3/2/2011
Renault Mechanic: Billy, Trainer/Master tech. replied 6 years ago
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

Billy :

The steering lock is not related to the immobilizer, however, if the steering does not unlock properly, the engine will not start.

Billy :

The steering would stay locked, usually due to a poor ground on steering column.

Billy :

So you need to check the following:

Billy :

- check if battery is good, and battery connectors have clean and tight contacts

Customer:

would it be showing injection fault on dash

Billy :

- remove the underside of the steering plastics, and check the connectors and ground connections on steering column

Billy :

No. However, even if you have an injection fault, the starter should turn....

Billy :

So first, we need to solve the steering problem.

Billy :

You may remove battery cables for a minute or so, to reset the systems, and then refit and try again. But be aware, that you would need the radio code, if the radio is fitted with antitheft.

Customer:

the starter turns but it does not fire and then it says injection fault

Billy :

In that case, check for any blown fuses.............replace as necessary (both fuse boxes, in engine bay and on dash)

Customer:

removed battery still fault

Customer:

checked fuses in bay and car

Billy :

did you try starting using a spare key (if available)?

Customer:

key card both the same

Billy :

ok.....

Billy :

In that case, the most common fault on your model would be the CKP (crankshaft position sensor), however this needs confirming using a scan tool to retrieve the fault codes (as since warning light is on, fault codes are stored in memory)....the fault codes should indicate the culprit....

Customer:

would bad earth onsteering rack stop steering lock working tidy

Billy :

yes this is the most common fault with the steering lock (except if lock is faulty)\

Billy :

The CKP is near the flywheel, in case you have access to spare parts, and can swap for trial purposes.....

Billy :

The other way, would be to have the fault codes retrieved and take it from there.

Customer:

earth ok on steering enginekeeps turning and nothing

Billy :

well...the next step should be getting a scan tool to retrieve the fault codes stored...........or you may try replacing the CKP (as this is a vewry common fault on your model), however, this can only be confirmed as faulty by reading the faults.

Billy
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.