Relationship Care

Ask a Relationship Coach for Help with Relationships

Relationship Care

What does it mean if an ex girlfriend had a new bf but

blocks and unblocks me from...
What does it mean if an ex girlfriend had a new bf but blocks and unblocks me from social media. She blocked me then unblocked me for a day, then she unblocked me for 4 months and suddenly blocked again ? I didn't communicate with her at all just curious as to the reason?
5/18/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Seems like there is stuff she wants you to see and others that she doesn't. She may also be trying to get you see that she is out there doing alright and taunting you a bit with it all. If you haven't had contact, I would keep it that way and not get into any type of social media game. Keep living your life and ask yourself why keep an ex in your social media circle.

Yeah that's what I've been trying but I guess I'm just curious as to why? Maybe she was looking for a reaction?
i believe it is to get a reaction and maybe even have you reach out to her to ask her what's going on.
Makes sense it's like a game of chase pretty much
Exactly...seems like she wants you to chase and grabs your attention by the game of blocking then unblocking.

Let me know how else I can support you.

You have been a great help, it's just curiosity she made it clear she wanted absolutely nothing to do wih me and gave every excuse to let me down easy, even know she has a bf now it's just like why?

Her motivations are a bit curious...there are plenty of people that get joy in knowing someone else might feels some angst and she might want you to see her life while not being able to be a part of it. Hard for you and you might consider keeping her off your social media life if it feels painful.

Please take a moment to click the rating faces to rate my support so that I may receive credit for my support.

Thanks so much.

Jen

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
I do not have her on any social media, I can just see on pist and stuff when she unblocked me, do you think maybe she misses me ? And no problem will do

I don't know whether she misses you or just enjoys the game of it all. If it is painful for you, stop looking. Easier said than done, I know.

I know I am trying I would just like to know why and isn't that kind of being untrustworthy towards her new bf?

We can't know for sure why as we can't get into her head. And her boyfriend may know she keeps you on her social media. I know you desire to know the in depth reasons but it is impossible to get into her head. I know you miss her..I can hear that.

I know you are right and I really don't want her back just want the answer but maybe one day I'll find out till then just keep moving on

Be well and I wish you peace with your healing around it.

I just want to ask one more question if I may, does by blocking and unblocking me mean she is completly over me?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC